What do you do to stay healthy?
To stay healthy in the first place you need to create a healthy lifestyle. Eating the right foods (f.ex. low in fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol) and the right amounts of foods can help you live a longer, healthier life. Research has proven that many illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure can be prevented or controlled by eating right.
Eat a variety of foods, especially:
- Vegetables. Choose dark-green leafy and deep-yellow vegetables. (I have an allergies on tomatoes…)
- Fruits. Choose citrus fruits or juices, melons, and berries. (I have an allergies on citrus…)
- Dry beans (such as red beans, navy beans, and soybeans), lentils, chickpeas, and peanuts. (I have an allergies on all beans…)
- Whole grains, such as wheat, rice, oats, corn, and barley. (If you don’t have a diet...)
- Whole grain breads and cereals. (Well… what about it we know, really)
- Fish (I have an allergies on red fish…)
- Poultry prepared without skin; lean meat. (I eat just chicken…)
- Low-fat dairy products. (…) Why?
- Fat is no so bad as we thought…1/2/3/4
- After age 45, many people gain too much weight. You can control your weight by eating healthy foods and being physically active. Try to do a total of 30 minutes of constant physical activity, such as fast walking, most days of the week.
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), such as herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia, are passed easily from one person to the next through sexual intercourse. You can lower your chances of getting an STD by using a latex condom every time you have sex.
- Getting information about the medicines you are taking is important for people of all ages. It will help you get the full benefits from your medicine. It will also help avoid problems such as taking too much or too little of a medicine. Taking medicine in the wrong way can make you worse instead of better.
- Abusing alcohol or using illegal drugs can cause serious medical and personal problems. Alcohol and drug abuse can lead to motor vehicle and other accidents, depression, and can cause problems with friends, family, and work. Drug use can cause heart and breathing problems. Alcohol abuse can cause liver and heart problems and throat and mouth cancer.
- Research shows that smoking causes more major diseases than any other personal habit. Some examples are cancers of the lung, mouth, bladder, and throat; heart and lung disease; and strokes. If you stop smoking, you can help avoid these diseases.It is never too late to stop smoking. Half of all people who have ever smoked have quit.
- Everybody feels “down” or “blue” at times. But, if these feelings are very strong or last for most of the day, nearly every day, they may be due to a medical illness called depression. The good news is that depression can be treated. But first you have to know you have it. People do not always know the warning signs of depression. Some of these signs are listed below. If you have four or more, be sure to talk to your doctor about depression. If you print out this list, place a check mark next to each sign that you have. The earlier you get treatment for depression, the sooner you will begin to feel better. The longer you wait, the harder depression is to treat. Depression usually is treated with medicine, counseling, or medicine combined with counseling. Medicines for depression are not addicting or habit forming. They work for people with severe depression and may be useful for people with mild to moderate depression. Treatment works gradually over several weeks. If you do not start to feel better after this time, call your doctor. It may take some time to find what works best for you.
WIKIHOW is so interesting site I found.
- If a friend wanted to lose weight, what foods would you suggest cutting down on or cutting out altogether?
- What would you recommend to get rid of a headache?
- How long do you think it takes to get over jet lag? Is there anything you can do to avoid it?
- In many parts of the world, people are healthier and living longer than they were thirty years ago.
- In the past twenty years, there has been a significant increase in childhood allergies worldwide.
- The incidence of obesity has been increasing worldwide.
What do you consider a healthy diet?
How important is fitness and exercise to preventing disease?
What are good ways to relax and reduce stress?