Urbanization refers to the population shift from rural to urban areas, “the gradual increase in the proportion of people living in urban areas”, and the ways in which each society adapts to the change.Urbanization refers to the increasing number of people that live in urban areas. It predominantly results in the physical growth of urban areas, be it horizontal or vertical.
Which are effects of urbanization?
- more foreign goods are available
- people learn more about other countries
- people have smaller families
- more energy is consumed
- people’s ideas and values change
- more money goes to rural areas around the world
- factories close in some countries and open in others
- more people need to learn a second language
Global trade is a cause of urbanization? Or an urbanization is a cause of trade?
We all adopted customs and move around the world.
- How big is the city?
- Where are migrants to the city coming from?
- Why do people want to move to this city?
- What kind of cousin can you find in the city?
- What kind of work do people do there?
- What does the city (or the country it’s in) produce?
- What are some places (cities or countries) it trades with?